Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ostriches

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

I read this scripture for the Elders Quorum lesson. In the margin next to this verse, I had sometime ago written GRAFITI. Why did I write graffiti? Is it because I think taggers should be harshly punished? That really doesn’t relate to the scripture, unless taggers do it because they have a weakness in an identity crisis or something along those lines. So I thought a little harder and then remembered this:


This is why this scripture is so true. This was some graffiti on a wall along a well-traveled path in Campinas, Brazil. I took a picture of it because it is so ironic how the natural man tends to act like an ostrich when adversity comes. We must not bury our heads when we are embarrassed or when we can’t face our trials. We must look to God, humble ourselves and plead to Him for strength and encouragement. The promise is that in so doing, our weaknesses are reversed to become our strengths. That is awesome!




1 comment:

Megan said...

Good scriptural insights and awesome graffiti.