Wednesday, June 16, 2010

While she's gone

I've been thinking that while Megan is gone I should surprise her with a mural painted on the wall above our bed. The wall is about 8 feet tall (5 feet above the bed) and 12 or 13 feet wide. She posted about doing Nacho Libre in the boys room, but I think it would be fun to experiment in our room first (and because the paint is peeling off the wall in some spots there anyway). I don't know what to paint though, a grassy field scene from the Sound of Music comes to mind. But what do all my faithful readers (there's 21 of you now, well 20 without myself) think I should paint?

4 comments:

Beth said...

I just went to my friends' house and she had painted the most gorgeous stencil on her wall that she had copied from an art nouveau book she had. Provo library doesn't have the book, but maybe Lehi library does. I know Megs likes art nouveau on account of them pretty season-lady prints she hung in your bathroom.
Any-who, here's the book: http://www.amazon.com/Nouveau-Patterns-Stencil-Designs-Pictorial/dp/048640126X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276721208&sr=8-1

Also, I've seen on design blogs where on the wall where their bed is they painted a headboard onto the wall. Let me see if I can find a link for you: http://simplyseleta.typepad.com/simply_seleta/2008/05/weekend-design.html

When you're done with your painting, come do the same at my house.
Good luck.

Cheetah said...

Paint a really nice picture of a retaining wall of some sort. I say go all out and throw some geofabric in there too. Oh man, women love that sort of thing!

Camille said...

I was thinking you should do Nacho there, in your room. How cool would that be? Or.... check out Chaci's blog and see the awesome family tree thing that Brandon did for her. I love that! And since you two are so hip in the family heritage stuff it would just be amazing! Or, a big cupcake, Megan really likes those.

megwild said...

I personally think you should re-create the "Free Body Diagram" picture that you have advertised on your blog right now! That will definitely help set the mood!!! Who are you kidding..you don't have time for painting a mural. You have a reunion to plan and orchestrate. Get back to work.