Friday, April 3, 2009

The Future is NOW

I have been so busy doing thesis stuff and short fuse projects at work that I haven't had much time to spend with family, much less blog this week. Not wanting to disappoint my loyal readers who have come to expect quality educational reading material, I thought I would quickly ask the public what I should blog about next. 

My coworker buddy Cheetah helped me come up with the following list of subjects that have been swirling in my head.  Everybody please consider the following topics and then leave a comment ranking most interesting to least interesting (number 1 being most interesting). I will then apply a weighted average to all the scores and blog about the highest ranking. I thank you in advance for your participation. The list is long, so you can copy and paste it in the comment field and then give your ranking.

  • Our new car
  • The sweet fence I ran over with the truck and then engineered an amazing repair to stun the ages
  • The topic of active pressures and what they mean to you and me
  • The discussion I had this week with Dr. Bartlett regarding landslides and reliability engineering
  • the retaining wall I am building at my house
  • why Bajio is no longer my favorite restaurant
  • highlights of my 6 most recent Paypal purchases (or however many you want to know)
  • Why I want to work at Home Depot
  • My 5 favorite tools
  • More about my 3 kids
I can't wait to see what people really want to hear. I am so excited!!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

10. Our new car

4. The sweet fence I ran over with the truck and then engineered an amazing repair to stun the ages

8. The topic of active pressures and what they mean to you and me

9. The discussion I had this week with Dr. Bartlett regarding landslides and reliability engineering

3. the retaining wall I am building at my house

6. why Bajio is no longer my favorite restaurant

5. highlights of my 6 most recent Paypal purchases (or however many you want to know)

2. Why I want to work at Home Depot

7. My 5 favorite tools

1. More about my 3 kids

This is my ranking. Not that I find any of the topics un-interesting. Heck, I'd like to hear what you have to say about all of them. So, I hope you'll write a post about each one, or maybe just one post with a brief synopsis of each. I love you Daniel. You foxy engineer you.

Emily Rasmussen said...

1. ) fence

2.) retaining wall

3.) kids...I usually go to Megan for this but a daddy's view would be fun too. :)

4.) car

5.) 6 most recent paypal purchases

6.) Bajio

....yeah those ones would be sweet. :)

PS I love you middle school pic and your third grad pic...5th and 6th grades were the worst years for me. Really I was a "sweet spirit" ;)

Joel said...

My Top 4 votes:

1. Bajio - I gotta know, what finally swayed you. For me, it was the time they wouldn't give me salsa with my burrito.

2. Fence - I love a good fence story. Are we talking wood, vinyl, chain-link, wrought iron?

3. Home Depot - I was sitting in the VanPool today at 5:00am in Lindon and looked across the parking lot at Home Depot and thought, "Maybe I should get a job there."

4. Five Favorite Tools - this will be a fun read!

Looking forward to the post!

Meridee said...

I'd like to hear about Bajio (I like restaurant reviews), your last three Paypal purchases (I use Paypal and get fun things), and your views on the kids ('cause I love them and always love a good kid story).

My verification word was splado. I'm sure that it has something to do with dirt--or a combination of dirt and who knows what. The splado clung to his boots and began to inch up his pant legs but undaunted, he continued to set up his surveying tools knowing that a clear idea of the boundry was the only thing that may save them.

Megan Di said...

1. the kids
2. Home Depot
3. Pay Pal
4. The fence

K said...

10.Our new car

3. The sweet fence I ran over with the truck and then engineered an amazing repair to stun the ages

7. The topic of active pressures and what they mean to you and me

4. The discussion I had this week with Dr. Bartlett regarding landslides and reliability engineering

8. the retaining wall I am building at my house

1. why Bajio is no longer my favorite restaurant

9/. highlights of my 6 most recent Paypal purchases (or however many you want to know)

2. Why I want to work at Home Depot

5. My 5 favorite tools

6 More about my 3 kids

I'm typing in the dark when I should be asleep. I don't particularly care about cars, and I've had news about the kids - besides, kids are no longer, in my old age, my primary interest. I find landslides less alarming -